- Healthy snack fixes
When snack cravings strike, be prepared to satisfy them with this nutritious fare:
- Omelet. Supersized and heavy, diner versions are often floating in grease. Use one or two eggs to encase healthy handfuls of summer veggies and herbs with a few shavings of parmesan or asiago cheese.
- Quesadilla. Keep canned beans, whole-wheat tortillas, and a jar of adobo spice on hand for a simple meal with endless variations. Whip up a savory black bean quesadilla topped with chopped avocado or throw in some sautéed onions and peppers with last night’s grilled chicken.
- Creamy banana dessert. Late-night sweet tooth kicking in? Frozen bananas to the rescue! A frozen banana whip whirls this humble fruit into a creamy, indulgent treat. You’ll want this again soon.
When evening munchies strike, quell them with satisfying, healthy choices.
- Three ways to guarantee your fitness fix
Even the most committed fitness enthusiasts need a little extra help getting out the door sometimes. For those days when you need more motivation, try these tips:
- Practice positive self-talk. Give yourself the kind of encouragement you’d offer a good friend: “A walk would be great right now; I can do this.” “I always feel fantastic after my workout.” “I’ll be so glad I exercised today.”
- Make it short and sweet. If you feel you don’t have time — or energy — for your regular 30-minute workout, simply cut it in half; a shorter workout is better than none. And once you get moving, chances are you’ll want to do more or you can finish later in the day.
- Count down to blast off. Next time you’d rather stay on the couch, try counting backward from 10 — out loud. By zero, you’ll be vertical.
Are you ready to get moving?